We Need You!
Your donations are what keep us going. Thank you for all you do and have done in the past for Kista Tucker Insights. By clicking on this lovely rectangle, you will be taken to a page that provides categories for your contribution. Kista Tucker Dance, Inc. is a 503(c)(3) non-profit, tax-deductible organization.
November 15, 2018
Welcome to our corner of the world, a place where we manipulate square, round, and fluid shaped pegs in a vast and crazy sphere. No, really, it’s a place where we observe, reflect, and expose—a place where we work hard and create movement books of many topics.
Watching a Kista Tucker piece is a transformative experience. It’s watching a piece of art or painting come to life. I enjoy gaining insight into the world she constructs through the distinctively creative choices she makes with choreography. Her works are living, breathing, modern masterpieces.
Stephanie Hall, 2018
Much of my time this past year was spent tending to activities such as visiting the Netherlands Dans Theater in The Hague, adjudicating for The American College Dance Association (ACDA), creating new works, teaching, touring, and pulling things together for our upcoming evening length performances of The Factory Project. We addressed this project last year and now, finally, are into production status. The work, as you may recall, was initiated by two different solos I created, then there were three solos that became a 15-minute work titled The Shades Trilogy. And now, groups of people are intertwined throughout the hour-long work. The piece reflects the story of a community within the confines of a factory.
Join us for this evening-length production of The Factory ProjectApril 13-14, 2019 at Dance Place, 3225 8thSt NE, Washington, DC.
The Factory Project seems to have a life of its own. It is story based, yet open for abstracted ideas, images, designs, and sounds. It’s intriguing . . . so many possibilities. It also is slated to involve non-dancers. Members of the community are being sought to work with us. If you are interested, email us at Director@KistaTucker.com.
This is an uncertain time for all the arts, especially dance. Recognized sources for funding are drying up or being eliminated, therefore, we need your help more than ever. Come see our work—your presence not only gives you first-hand knowledge of a performance that you helped
make possible, but it also helps to validate the time, effort, and belief each company member commits to our projects.
We need your help to produce The Factory Project. Our funding target is a large one as we have to produce two performances of an evening length concert involving marvelous movement artists, a brilliant composer, and a new lighting designer. We have to rent a theater, construct costumes, produce videos to be used on stage and for promotion. Your contribution will benefit the company by helping to provide funds for this important project. It will stimulate your curiosity and invigorate your senses. Your thought process is sure to be stroked.
KTI movement artists and I love what we do and keep going, even in a world that tends to deny, to ignore, possibly even reject the value of the arts. We are developing more and more work, not only for ourselves, but to provide catalysts for understanding and inspiration—and most importantly, to provoke thought.
We hope you will visit our website, a rehearsal, a performance, a workshop, or another event we sponsor. You will see for yourself why we are recognized for informing and contributing, as we do, to society. You’ve already made an impact, reconnect with us by participating in this year’s Overture so we may continue to speak the unspeakable.
What do donors get out of it?
• You will receive the great feeling that you are contributing to a worthy cause and the knowledge that your gift will be spent wisely. You will be contributing to "The Arts." And, Kista Tucker Insights is a respected non-profit, tax-exempt arts organization.
• Your name will be added to the LIST OF CONTRIBUTORS. Names will be listed in alphabetical order. If you do not wish to have your name listed, but want to contribute, we will credit you as "anonymous."
• Kista Tucker Insights is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization. Your gift is tax-deductible to the extent provided by law. A receipt will be sent to you electronically. Be sure to include your email address.
What is Kista Tucker Insights going to do with my money?
The following items are listed as extremely important to the future of Kista Tucker Insights (AKA:KTD, Inc.) You may specify how you want your money to be spent or you may leave it up to the management as to how your contribution will most benefit the company.
• Dancers' payment for rehearsals and performances
• A new computer capable of fulfilling our wide-ranging needs
• Software to maintain a professional standard. We're close to being current here, but our video camera will be able to be better utilized with more current software. It's time for updates.
• Housing and transportation for company members while on tour
• Transportation & housing for guest artists
• Theater rental
• Studio rehearsal space rental
• Video production expenses
• Composer's fee and transportation
• Reception expenses
• Publicity & Marketing expenses
Can I contribute in any other way?
Yes, Kista Tucker Insights always needs VOLUNTEERS. Call 585-330-7751 or Email email@example.com to learn how you can volunteer.
If you prefer to donate via US postal mail, you can send
your check or money order made payable in US Dollars to:
Kista Tucker Insights
13594 Rumsey Ct.
Bristow, VA 20136