We Need You!
Your donations are what keep us going. Thank you for all you do and have done in the past for Kista Tucker Insights. By clicking on this lovely rectangle, you will be taken to a page that provides categories for your contribution. Kista Tucker Dance, Inc. is a 503(c)(3) non-profit, tax-deductible organization.
Today, at this moment, we are working to raise $600 for hotels while we are on tour in Richmond, VA June 29-30, 2018. We don’t have much time, we are taking 9 dancers and will need a minimum of 3 rooms for two nights next month.
We’ll be performing Excerpts from The Factory Project
June 29 and 30 at 8:00pm
109 W. 15th Street, Richmond VA, 23224
Presented by Small Plates Choreography Festival
Please help us book a safe place to sleep. We’ll be driving down to Richmond early on Friday, the 29th, performing on Friday & Saturday evenings, and returning to Northern VA on Sunday morning.
If you are in the area, treat yourself—come see our performance. We’d love to see you and catch up.
When considering donating, as you already know, no amount is too small. I thank you, our Board of Directors thanks you, and the dancers in KTI thank you for your continued support.
We are accepting donations here on this page (above) and on our GoFundMe page: https://www.gofundme.com/kistatuckerdance
List of Upcoming Events
• June 16-17, 2018 – The Russell School of Ballet, Students perform Pitted Post, WY andObstacles
• June 29-30, 2018 – Performance in Richmond, VA (see above)
• July 14, 2018 – Murlarkey Distilled Spirits (Tour & Tasting Fundraiser--a fundraiser toward our Dance Place Concert in 2019)
• September 16, 2018 – Dinner at Panera’s, a fundraiser with funds going toward our Dance Place Concert in 2019
• October 6-7 – Performance at Triskelion Arts in Brooklyn, NY. Hosted by Haven Movement Company & SPCF. 106 Calyer Street, Brooklyn, NY 11222. October 6, 2018 at 8:00
October 7, 2018 at 6:00
• November 2-3, 2018 – Newburgh, NY (Produced by SPCF)
• December, TBA – Showing of what we are up to
• February 8-9, 2019 – Lorton, VA (Produced by SPCF)
• April 13-14, 2019 – Evening Length Premiere of The Factory Projectat Dance Place, 3225 8thStreet NE, Washington, DC
• A Workshop – TBA
• Additional events are in progress
PS. Please share with your friends
KistaTuckerInsights.org • Director@KistaTucker.com • 585-330-7751
KTI,AKA: Kista Tucker Dance, Inc.,is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, tax-exempt fine arts movement company
November 28, 2017
Time Flies! Since becoming a resident company at the Russell School of Ballet last year, some marvelous opportunities are coming our way. While we are still performing in full evening-length concerts, injecting our insights into numerous festivals, and are sought for other professional events, people are more frequently seeking our presence and perspective.
We want to introduce you to our new website. You are here, but there are more pages and links. Enjoy traversing our site: https://KistaTuckerInsights.org . This is the beginning of sharing more videos, insights into our rehearsal process, a 'weekly tip,' and more. Additionally, we finally purchased our new computer and as expected, it is making life much easier.
We are pursuing a couple major projects. First, is our KT 2017 Winter Workshop. The dates are December 28030. Three full days of classes, rehearsals, and a public performance round out the event. Check it out at https://KistaTuckerInsights.org/winter-workshop .
Second, is a project I started over a year ago, The Factory Project. This adventure has grown in strength and vision. It began as a solo for one of our company members (Julie). Then, it needed siblings, so I created two new solos for other dancers (Tiffanie & me). These three solos, when performed back to back became a trilogy. And now, this trilogy is rearing itself into a full-blown evening-length project about factories and the people who inhabit them. It seems to have a life of its own. It is story based, yet open for abstracted ideas, images, designs, and sounds. It's intriguing...so many possibilities. It also will involve non-dancers, members of the community are being sought to work with us. If you are interested, email me at KistaTucker@gmail.com .
The date is not yet set, but we are working on securing a theater early next fall with a large floor, professional lighting/sound equipment, and a house large enough to cradle our audience without being so enormous that people get lost.
If you know of a location that might work, please contact us. The Factory Project can travel, but being near our home base has its up-side. It is quite possible you, your school, or your movement family could be a part of the work. We would love to share this project with other communities.
This is an uncertain time for all the arts, especially dance. Recognized sources for funding are drying up or being eliminated, therefore, we need your help more than ever. Com see our work--your presence not only gives you first-hand knowledge of a performance that you helped make possible, but it also helps to validate the time, effort, and belief each company member commits to our projects.
We hope you will visit our website, a rehearsal, a performance, a workshop, or another event we sponsor. You will see for yourself why we are recognized for informing and contributing, as we do, to society. YOu've already made an impact, reconnect with us by participating in this year's Overture so we may continue to speak the unspeakable.
What do donors get out of it?
• You will receive the great feeling that you are contributing to a worthy cause and the knowledge that your gift will be spent wisely. You will be contributing to "The Arts." And, Kista Tucker Insights is a respected non-profit, tax-exempt arts organization.
• Your name will be added to the LIST OF CONTRIBUTORS. Names will be listed in alphabetical order. If you do not wish to have your name listed, but want to contribute, we will credit you as "anonymous."
• Kista Tucker Insights is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization. Your gift is tax-deductible to the extent provided by law. A receipt will be sent to you electronically. Be sure to include your email address.
What is Kista Tucker Insights going to do with my money?
The following items are listed as extremely important to the future of Kista Tucker Insights (AKA:KTD, Inc.) You may specify how you want your money to be spent or you may leave it up to the management as to how your contribution will most benefit the company.
• Dancers' payment for rehearsals and performances
• A new computer capable of fulfilling our wide-ranging needs
• Software to maintain a professional standard. We're close to being current here, but our video camera will be able to be better utilized with more current software. It's time for updates.
• Housing and transportation for company members while on tour
• Transportation & housing for guest artists
• Theater rental
• Studio rehearsal space rental
• Video production expenses
• Composer's fee and transportation
• Reception expenses
• Publicity & Marketing expenses
Can I contribute in any other way?
Yes, Kista Tucker Insights always needs VOLUNTEERS. Call 585-330-7751 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how you can volunteer.
If you prefer to donate via US postal mail, you can send
your check or money order made payable in US Dollars to:
Kista Tucker Dance, Inc.
13594 Rumsey Ct.
Bristow, VA 20136